Zimbabwe Secures $250 Million Loan from Afreximbank
Zimbabwe has joined a series of African nations securing credit facility from multilateral institutions to mitigate COVID-19 risk.
The African Export-Import Bank Ltd has agreed to grant the embattled African nation a $250 million three-year credit facility, according to a source familiar with the details.
The anonymous source, who spoke with Bloomberg correspondence, said about $150 million of the said funds are expected to be used to finance fuel and the rest on essential services.
The southern African nation, which has previously secured funding from Afreximbank using minerals as collateral, is blocked from accessing loans from the International Monetary Fund and other multilateral lenders because of unpaid debts.
Zimbabwe is facing an economic crisis with shortages of foreign currency, fuel and food and with inflation surging to 786%.
Iron Mike Tyson to Take on Roy Jones Jr on September 12
Iron Mike Tyson Once Again Steps in the Ring at 54
The youngest heavyweight champion of the world, who broke PPV records and once called the “baddest man on the planet” Mike Tyson will make a Comeback fight against the Four-Division world champion Roy Jones Jr on 12th of September.
On Thursday 23 of July 2020, Mike on his Twitter handle @mike tyson tweeted “I . AM . BACK #legendsonlyleague. September 12th vs @RealRoyJonesJr. On #Triller and #frontlinebattle @tysonleague.”
The eight-round fight will take place in California as sanctioned by the state’s athletics commission. The fight will be broadcast on Triller and Pay-per-view as confirmed on Thursday by Triller.
The executive director of the state’s athletic commission Andy Foster said the fighters would not be wearing headgear and would be using the Larger – than – normal 12oz gloves.
Mike hasn’t boxed since 2005 when he lost his second straight fight.
Jones, 51, won the heavyweight title in 2003. Prior to winning the heavyweight title, he won titles in the middleweight, super middleweight and light heavyweight. This made him the first former middleweight champion to do so in 106 years.
While many have raised concerns about the fight given the age of the two fighters. Mike Tyson has said: “My mentality is just what it’s always been.
“How do I say this? I’m an annihilator… Man for man I don’t think nobody can match me…
“I’m the greatest fighter since the conception of God, how could I not take this opportunity up?”
He added: “My ego’s f***ing with me and I’m saying, ‘N***a, you think you fly? You ain’t s***. An amateur can get in here and kick your ass, you better get on top of your game. You want to get embarrassed in front of these f***ing people?’
He, however, concluded by laughing, pointing to his head and saying: “You don’t know what goes on up here.”
Secondary School Students in Exit Classes to Resume School on August 4, 2020
Secondary School Pupils in Exit Classes to Resume School
The Federal Government on Monday said secondary school students in the exit classes will resume school on August 4, 2020 just to sit for their final examination that will commence on August 17, 2020.
The decision was announced after a virtual consultative meeting between the Federal Ministry of Education, Commissioners of Education of the 36 states, the Nigerian Union of Teachers, (NUT), the proprietors of private schools, and Chief Executives of examination bodies.
The government said the students will have two weeks to prepare for the West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination organised by the West Africa Examination Council.
Ben Goong, the Director, Press and Public Relations, FMoE, said “stakeholders at the meeting agreed that the exit classes should resume immediately after the Sallah break, from the 4th of August, 2020 to enable them prepare for the WAEC examinations scheduled to commence from the 17th of August, 2020.
“The meeting also resolved that a passionate appeal be made to the Federal Government through the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 and public spirited Nigerians for assistance to schools across the country to enable them fast track the preparations of safe reopening, as agreed.
“Another meeting is to be convened tomorrow between the Federal Ministry of Education and Chief Executives of examination bodies namely, NECO, NABTEB and NBAIS to harmonise their examination dates, which will be conveyed to stakeholders expeditiously by the Federal Ministry of Education.”
UK to Start Accepting Visa Applications from Nigerians on July 28
UK to Commence Visa Applications from Nigerians on July 28
The British High Commission in Nigeria has said it will reopen visa application centres in Abuja, Ikeja and Victoria Island on July 28.
The Commission also said the International Language Testing System will commence as well.
In a tweet put out by the embassy, it said “Visa Application Centres are resuming services in Nigeria from 28 July.
“You must have an appointment to visit a VAC and will not be admitted without one.
“For new applications, we aim to assess within our normal service standards, but there may be some delay.
“Staff and customer safety remains our top priority with COVID-19 preventative measures in place.
“Our focus now is to deliver our services safely and effectively together.”
News4 weeks ago
British High Commission to Start Accepting Visa Applications From Nigerians Soon
Finance4 weeks ago
DSS Arrests EFCC, Acting Chairman, Magu
Business4 weeks ago
Seplat Appoints Emeka Onwuka as CFO, Executive Director
Forex4 weeks ago
Naira-USD Exchange Rate to Hit N430 – Report
Government4 weeks ago
FG Puts School Resumption Plan on Hold as COVID-19 Cases Hit 30,000
Finance4 weeks ago
CBN Spends $11.5bn in Q1 2020 to Support the Economy and Dwindling Naira
Business4 weeks ago
West African Consumer Sentiment Reflects Global Uncertainty
Business3 weeks ago
Nneka Ede Purchases Portuguese Football Club, Lusitano Ginasio Clube