Connect with us

News

Sanwo-olu Was Misinformed; Nobody Died At The Toll Gate – Brig.-Gen Taiwo

Published

on

During the Lagos State Judicial Panel of Enquiry and Restitution for Victims of SARS abuse and other related matters on Saturday, Brig. Gen. Taiwo said that Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State was misinformed about the number of casualties recorded at the protest ground.

“Sanwo-Olu misinformed; nobody died at toll-gate,” he said

This was in contradiction to the statement credited to Lagos state governor that two protesters died at Lekki toll-gate.

According to the General, the supposed death did not happen at the protest ground.

“On 20th October 2020, at about 6.30 pm, while we tried to speak with the protesters and negotiate with them, they pelted stones at us and we had to fire blank bullets at protesters”.

General Taiwo alleged that most of the pictures posted on social media were not taken on the said date.

“Any picture that you (lawyers) want to present here must be submitted for forensic test.

“No protester sustained injury or died. The two people Governor Sanwo-Olu mentioned did not die at the scene; one died on Admiralty Way, which is three kilometers away from the Lekki Toll Gate, the second person was shot at Yaba,” Taiwo said.

When asked if the General was aware of the news about the protest on any foreign media, he claimed to have seen the news from BBC and CNN but not from Al-Jazeera

“Most of the videos in play have been manipulated,” Gen Taiwo said.

“Two people fainted, not died”

When asked about the presence of Omata at Lekki toll-gate on the day of the shooting, Gen. Taiwo said Omata and Bello were assigned to secure the Lekki-Epe corridor and were supposed to meet and be on their way before the Lekki incident occurred.

Taiwo explained that the exercise was led by two senior officers Lieutenant Colonel S. O. Bello who is the Commanding Officer of 65 Division, and Brigadier General Francis Omata.

When asked by Olumide-Fusika about the purpose of General Omata joining Lieutenant Colonel Bello at the toll gate, General Taiwo said it was operational.

But the #EndSARS protesters’ lawyer disagreed.

He said: “Are you aware that Gen Omata came later to stop your men from shooting?

The officer replied: “He didn’t. He was there after the shooting had occurred. He was there to employ the non-kinetic (non-violent) measures”.

Taiwo said: “The General Officer Commanding was not in town. I called Gen Omata, he was already on ground”.

Ogunlana: “You also called Bello, why?”

Taiwo: “I was getting conflicting reports from social media and the internet. I wanted to find out what happened.

“On the internet, we were seeing videos being streamed purportedly of shootings on the ground; people screaming ‘they are killing us’ videos to that effect, so I called him.

“When the first report came in, I dismissed it. I knew nobody sent anyone to the Toll Gate….I asked him if he was anywhere near the toll gate and he said they had been stoned by hoodlums and he released some shots into the air.

“I also asked him if anybody had died as it was being reported on the internet, he replied in the negative. He had only seen two people who had fainted and they had been revived”.

As regards the shootings, the general responded to a question from Mr. Bernard Oniga, a representative of the NBA, he said that the army fired in response to the stones thrown at them.

“We shoot if pelted with stones”

“If you are being pelted with stones, the only option is gunshot. You can’t expect us to throw stones back”.

The panel ruled that following Ogunlana’s request, the facility might soon become the subject of forensic and ballistic analysis. The parties were given two weeks to conclude all analysis.

However, Mr. Olumide-Fusika claimed that there was evidence of shootings on the facilities at the toll plaza.

News

Military Storms Bobi Wine House After He Rejects Election Results

Published

on

Bobi Wine

Military Storms Bobi Wine House After He Rejects Election Results

Robert Kyagulanyi, popularly known as Bobi Wine, Ugandan presidential candidate in the just concluded presidential race, said the Ugandan military has surrounded his house and even jumped over the fence to take over the compound.

In a quick tweet, the opposition presidential candidate said “My home has been surrounded by soldiers, they’ve jumped over the fence, they’ve taken over my compound, they’ve arrested my security guard.

The invasion was after Bobi Wine had rejected election results and alleged that Thursday’s election was rigged.

He said “every legal option is on the table” to challenge the official results, including peaceful protests. He referred to himself as the “president-elect.”

None of these military intruders is talking to us. We are in serious trouble. We are under siege,” wrote Wine, who was arrested several times during campaigning but never charged while dozens of party members were detained.

Museveni government had cut internet access on the eve of the largely peaceful election day, and it remains off.

According to Uganda’s electoral commission, President Yoweri Museveni leads Wine 62 percent of ballots while Wine had 29 percent. The commission expects to declare the final results on Sunday afternoon.

“We secured a comfortable victory,” Wine said. “I am very confident that we defeated the dictator by far.” He was considering “peaceful and nonviolent protests” over the declared results and said “every legal option is on the table.” Candidates can challenge election results at the Supreme Court.

Continue Reading

News

Heartbroken American Mistress Displays Dangote’s Buttocks in a Viral Video

Published

on

dangote's buttocks

Heartbroken American Mistress Displays Dangote’s Buttocks in a Viral Video

2021 started with Dangote trending across social media after an obvious heartbroken American mistress shared her relationship with the world’s richest black man.

Bea Lewis, a restauranteur based in Atlanta, Georgia, US, took to her Instagram @iambealewis to share her experience dating the richest black man alive and how he broke her heart into 1000 pieces.

In her words, she said “In my 33rd year, I dated the richest black man in the world. He broke my heart in 1000 pieces.” 

She explained that “I learned more from him than any person I’ve ever met. Communicating with a billionaire daily makes you see the world different than your humble beginnings in liberty city.

“I became more organized and finally am able to step away from the daily kitchen operations.”

Bea Lewis added that Dangote changed her perspective on work ethic and patience.

“Once my mindset changed, the universe gravitated me to people that uplifted me and increased my net worth mentally and financially,” she stated.

She then attached a picture of them together.

However, in another shocking revelation, another American with Instagram handle @allarounda1 posted a video of Mr. Dangote on a couch inside what seems like a luxury yacht after a back and forth argument with Be Lewis on who truly dated the world’s richest black man. It was unclear in which country the yacht was sailing when the mistress took the video, but it clearly showed she shot the video without his knowledge. See the video below.

 

Continue Reading

News

Tunde Thomas: FCMB Commences Review Into Allegations of Unethical Behavior Against MD Nuru

Published

on

Tunde Thomas

Tunde Thomas: FCMB Commences Review Into Allegations of Unethical Behavior Against MD Nuru

First City Monument Bank (FCMB Group Plc) has commenced a review of unethical behaviour levied against its Managing Director, Adamu Nuru, who allegedly impregnated and fathered two kids with a married staff of the bank.

Investors King earlier reported that a group of people seeking justice had petitioned the Central Bank of Nigeria, and the board of FCMB concerning unethical behavior of Adamu Nuru and a former staff of the bank, Moyo Thomas, that led to the death of Tunde Thomas, the husband of Moyo Thomas.

Also read FCMB Group MD Links to Death of Tunde Thomas, Husband of Married Staff He Fathered Her Kids

However, in a statement to media, Diran Olojo, the Head, Corporate Affairs, Diran Olojo, FCMB Group, said the bank was aware of the allegations making the rounds against its Managing Director.

Olojo revealed that the financial institution had commenced a review into the matter, saying the outcome would be discussed in due course.

We are aware of several stories circulating across several media platforms about our bank’s Managing Director, Adam Nuru, a former employee Ms Moyo Thomas and her deceased ex husband, Mr Tunde Thomas,” the statement read.

“While this is a personal matter, the tragedy of the death of Mr Tunde Thomas and the allegations of unethical conduct, require the bank’s board to conduct a review of what transpired, any violations of our code of ethics and the adequacy of these code of conduct ethics. This will be done immediately.

“We enjoin all our stakeholders to bear with us as we conduct this review and to please respect the various families involved.

“Our Board of Directors are reviewing all aspects of this report and once they are done with their review, we will revert to you.

Continue Reading

Trending