Buhari Says Over One Million Youths Applied for Survival Fund
President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday said over one million Nigerian youths have applied for the N75 billion Nigeria Youth Investment Fund established to help cushion the economic impacts of COVID-19 on the youths and speed up the recovery process.
In a tweet put out by the president, Buhari said the Nigeria Youth Investment Fund will invest in the innovative ideas, skills and talents of young Nigerians.
He said more Nigerians continue to apply through the fund’s portal at nyif.nmfb.com.ng since it was opened on October 12, 2020.
Buhari said “Over a million applications have already been received since the 75 billion Naira Nigeria Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) Portal went live on Oct 12, 2020. This Fund will invest in the innovative ideas, skills and talents of young Nigerians.”
Over a million applications have already been received since the 75 billion Naira Nigeria Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) Portal went live on Oct 12, 2020. This Fund will invest in the innovative ideas, skills and talents of young Nigerians: https://t.co/VBBcMyDsXo#NationalYouthDay pic.twitter.com/ot309rHgSC
— Muhammadu Buhari (@MBuhari) November 1, 2020
Please note that both individuals and non-registered businesses can apply and access up to N250,000 in funding under the survival fund scheme while youths with registered businesses can apply and access as much as N3 million. Successfully applicants will pay 5 percent interest per year.
Nigeria Air to Commence Operations Soon; Air Service to Start With Abuja-Lagos Route
Nigeria Air will soon begin operations, starting with the Abuja – Lagos route, the Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika had stated.
The country’s National Carrier, Nigeria Air will soon begin operations, starting with the Abuja – Lagos route, the Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika had stated.
According to the minister, the National Carrier, “Nigeria Air” will be launched with three Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Hadi Sirika further disclosed that the aircraft are configured to adapt to the Nigerian market.
It will be recalled that in 2015, President Muhammadu Buhari had promised a National Carrier as part of his campaign manifesto. While preliminary work begins, the government however suspends the plan in 2018 with no defined explanation.
The Minister also disclosed that Ethiopian Airlines Consortium has been selected as the preferred partner for Nigeria Air with a stake of 49 percent. The Federal Government will hold a stake of five percent while a group of three investors ‘MRS, SHACO and Sovereign Wealth Fund will retain 46 percent.
Speaking during a press conference in Abuja, Hadi Siriki noted that the bidding process was subjected to due process and due diligence. Nigeria Air has an ambitious plan to reach a size of 30 aircraft and begin International operation within the next two years.
Meanwhile, Nigeria Air Limited has commenced recruitment of qualified crew members ahead of its launch. A memo posted on the verified Twitter handle of the Ministry of Aviation read
“Nigeria Air is now recruiting qualified crew for the following positions: Experienced, and current B737 Captains; Experienced, and Current B737 First Officers; Experienced, and Current B737 Senior Cabin Crew and Cabin Crew Experienced, and Current B737 Engineers (B1/B2 preferred),” the memo noted.
Interested and qualified candidates are advised to forward their Curriculum Vitae (CVs) to email@example.com
Nigeria previously had a national carrier, “Nigeria Airways” which was founded in 1958 and wholly owned by the government. It ceased to operate in 2003 due to corruption and mismanagement.
Residents of Lagos State Raise Alarm Over Rising PoS Fraud
Residents of Lagos state have raised alarm over the rising case of POS fraud in the state as criminals continue to illegally access their funds.
Residents of Lagos state have raised alarm over the rising case of Point of Sale (PoS) fraud in the state as criminals continue to illegally access their funds.
The rampaging rate of PoS fraud across the state has raised concerns and doubts about the reliability of the PoS system of payment as few affected Lagosians narrated their ordeal using the system.
A victim of PoS fraud in Lagos state Omotayo wept when her bank account was exploited by fraudsters who emptied her account.
Narrating her ordeal, she said: “I had used my ATM card many times during the week of that incident. I couldn’t identify the particular point where the scam happened.
“I visited a PoS point to withdraw N5,000 and after the withdrawal, I kept my ATM card in the usual spot that is known only to me. When I received debit alerts from my bank, I felt it was a mistake but when I checked my account, N10,000 had been deducted from my balance of N111,000.
“This happened on a Saturday, so I couldn’t visit the bank to lodge a complaint. A few minutes later, I received another debit alert of N10,000 from my bank. ‘What is happening?’ I asked myself. Minutes later, I got another debit alert of N10,000. It continued until my account balance was N11,000.
“This time, with tears running down my cheeks, I hurried to a nearby POS point to withdraw the remaining N11,000 before I would withdraw, I received another debit alert of N10,000, leaving my account balance at N1,000. I wept. I cursed the scammers but then I had lost N110,000 to PoS fraudsters.”
Following the incessant case of PoS fraud in the state, the Lagos State Government (LASG) has declared its move to partner strategically with Mobile Money and Bank Agents in a bid to protect Lagosians from the rising incidence of fraud perpetrated through Point of Sale (PoS).
Npower Payment: Npower Commence July Payment For Batch C, Stream 1
Npower has commenced July payment for batch C, Stream 1 as some beneficiaries have started receiving credit alerts
Npower has commenced July payment for batch C, Stream 1 as some beneficiaries have started receiving credit alerts.
Investors King had earlier reported that the management of Npower disclosed that all Npower beneficiaries will be paid their allowance before the end of the month.
Many Npower beneficiaries have since then been paid their July allowance. Some of these beneficiaries who are highly elated took to their social media pages to report their payment.
One of the recently paid beneficiaries, Janet Olaleke who could not hide her feelings said ” I just got my credit alert for July. Thank you Npower ooo. Please extend our time to two years like it was done for others. God bless Nigeria”.
However, some of the beneficiaries lamented that they have not been credited despite seeing it on their Nasims dashboard that they have been paid.
Dele Alade posted on Facebook “What is going on Nasim? My July shows paid but yet to receive alert. Please do something”.
Another beneficiary, Charles Jude complained that he has not been credited nor does he see any paid message on his Nasims dashboard.
Charles said, ” My own is not showing anything about July like it has not been initiated. I hope I have not been dismissed from the scheme. I am kinda afraid”.
National Social Investment Management System (NASIMS) however has appealed for calm from those who are yet to receive credit alerts or a paid message on their Nasims dashboard. The management disclosed that it is working to make sure all payment issues are resolved as soon as possible.
News2 weeks ago
Npower News: Federal Government Gives Reasons For Delayed Payment
News5 days ago
Npower Batch C, Stream 2 to Officially Begin Operations in October 2022
News1 week ago
Npower Beneficiaries to be Compensated as FG Approves NSIP Bill
News2 weeks ago
Npower Beneficiaries Took To The Street To Protest Against Unpaid Allowances
Fund Raising1 week ago
Insurtech Startup, Turaco Secures $10 Million Series A Round Fund Raise
Telecommunications1 week ago
83 Percent Of New Sim Subscribers in July Chose Glo – NCC Report
Brands2 weeks ago
Apple Gains Momentum In Digital Ads Market, Set To Disrupt Google And Facebook Duopoly
Brands2 weeks ago
Eat ‘n’ Go Celebrates 10 Years of Operation In Nigeria; Assets Hits Over N26 Billion