Connect with us

News

Power Outage Forced UNIBEN To Recall Post-UTME Candidate To Rewrite Exam

Published

on

Due to the power outage which resulted in the collapse of the institution server, the University of Benin, UNIBEN, has been forced to recall over 3,500 post-UTME candidates who sat for the university examination on Tuesday, December 8.

It was reported that on Wednesday, December 9, the university sent a Short Messaging Sevice, SMS, to all candidates. The SMS was directed to all affected candidates, instructing them to return to the university for another test.

The SMS reads, “If you know anyone that wrote post-UTME exam today 8th December 2020 @ict hall UGBOWO, tell the person to come back from any state or city he or she is. UNIBEN server failed for applicants that wrote 9 am & 10.30 am. The authority has tried its best to call some students but their phone off. Tell ur love ones…”

According to a source in the university who spoke with the media, the source affirmed the statement of the university, saying “the servers collapsed for most of yesterday”.

“This is a major crisis. How do you get all the affected candidates to come back? What about those who came from the far North and other states to write the test? I wonder why the university management is acting as if the University of Benin is meant only for Benin City. If you ask the candidates to come back, who bears the cost? How do you handle the risks of traveling?”, the source quarried.

However, the source also suggested that the university authorities should find a means of “using the UME scores of the affected candidates and their SSCE results to get cumulative scores for the candidates. This is a university environment and we should be able to think outside the box”

On Wednesday evening, the University issued a statement which was signed by the University Public Relations Officer, PRO, Dr Benedicta Ehanire. The statement asserted that the crisis in Ihovbor one of the neighbouring community caused the power outrage in the university.

“This is to inform members of the University of Benin Community that the present power outage on Campus is as a result of Community unrest at Ihovbor, the main source of power supply to the University. (The Community youths have forced power outage due to a Community clash). It is hoped that normalcy would be restored soonest. Inconveniences are regretted”, the statement read.

It was however gathered that UNIBEN had electricity issues for several weeks due to a major fault in the Grid that supplies electricity to the university, this was restored last week before the restive youths from the neighbouring community cut if off again.

News

Military Storms Bobi Wine House After He Rejects Election Results

Published

on

Bobi Wine

Military Storms Bobi Wine House After He Rejects Election Results

Robert Kyagulanyi, popularly known as Bobi Wine, Ugandan presidential candidate in the just concluded presidential race, said the Ugandan military has surrounded his house and even jumped over the fence to take over the compound.

In a quick tweet, the opposition presidential candidate said “My home has been surrounded by soldiers, they’ve jumped over the fence, they’ve taken over my compound, they’ve arrested my security guard.

The invasion was after Bobi Wine had rejected election results and alleged that Thursday’s election was rigged.

He said “every legal option is on the table” to challenge the official results, including peaceful protests. He referred to himself as the “president-elect.”

None of these military intruders is talking to us. We are in serious trouble. We are under siege,” wrote Wine, who was arrested several times during campaigning but never charged while dozens of party members were detained.

Museveni government had cut internet access on the eve of the largely peaceful election day, and it remains off.

According to Uganda’s electoral commission, President Yoweri Museveni leads Wine 62 percent of ballots while Wine had 29 percent. The commission expects to declare the final results on Sunday afternoon.

“We secured a comfortable victory,” Wine said. “I am very confident that we defeated the dictator by far.” He was considering “peaceful and nonviolent protests” over the declared results and said “every legal option is on the table.” Candidates can challenge election results at the Supreme Court.

Continue Reading

News

Heartbroken American Mistress Displays Dangote’s Buttocks in a Viral Video

Published

on

dangote's buttocks

Heartbroken American Mistress Displays Dangote’s Buttocks in a Viral Video

2021 started with Dangote trending across social media after an obvious heartbroken American mistress shared her relationship with the world’s richest black man.

Bea Lewis, a restauranteur based in Atlanta, Georgia, US, took to her Instagram @iambealewis to share her experience dating the richest black man alive and how he broke her heart into 1000 pieces.

In her words, she said “In my 33rd year, I dated the richest black man in the world. He broke my heart in 1000 pieces.” 

She explained that “I learned more from him than any person I’ve ever met. Communicating with a billionaire daily makes you see the world different than your humble beginnings in liberty city.

“I became more organized and finally am able to step away from the daily kitchen operations.”

Bea Lewis added that Dangote changed her perspective on work ethic and patience.

“Once my mindset changed, the universe gravitated me to people that uplifted me and increased my net worth mentally and financially,” she stated.

She then attached a picture of them together.

However, in another shocking revelation, another American with Instagram handle @allarounda1 posted a video of Mr. Dangote on a couch inside what seems like a luxury yacht after a back and forth argument with Be Lewis on who truly dated the world’s richest black man. It was unclear in which country the yacht was sailing when the mistress took the video, but it clearly showed she shot the video without his knowledge. See the video below.

 

Continue Reading

News

Tunde Thomas: FCMB Commences Review Into Allegations of Unethical Behavior Against MD Nuru

Published

on

Tunde Thomas

Tunde Thomas: FCMB Commences Review Into Allegations of Unethical Behavior Against MD Nuru

First City Monument Bank (FCMB Group Plc) has commenced a review of unethical behaviour levied against its Managing Director, Adamu Nuru, who allegedly impregnated and fathered two kids with a married staff of the bank.

Investors King earlier reported that a group of people seeking justice had petitioned the Central Bank of Nigeria, and the board of FCMB concerning unethical behavior of Adamu Nuru and a former staff of the bank, Moyo Thomas, that led to the death of Tunde Thomas, the husband of Moyo Thomas.

Also read FCMB Group MD Links to Death of Tunde Thomas, Husband of Married Staff He Fathered Her Kids

However, in a statement to media, Diran Olojo, the Head, Corporate Affairs, Diran Olojo, FCMB Group, said the bank was aware of the allegations making the rounds against its Managing Director.

Olojo revealed that the financial institution had commenced a review into the matter, saying the outcome would be discussed in due course.

We are aware of several stories circulating across several media platforms about our bank’s Managing Director, Adam Nuru, a former employee Ms Moyo Thomas and her deceased ex husband, Mr Tunde Thomas,” the statement read.

“While this is a personal matter, the tragedy of the death of Mr Tunde Thomas and the allegations of unethical conduct, require the bank’s board to conduct a review of what transpired, any violations of our code of ethics and the adequacy of these code of conduct ethics. This will be done immediately.

“We enjoin all our stakeholders to bear with us as we conduct this review and to please respect the various families involved.

“Our Board of Directors are reviewing all aspects of this report and once they are done with their review, we will revert to you.

Continue Reading

Trending