Connect with us

News

Secondary School Students in Exit Classes to Resume School on August 4, 2020

Published

on

education

Secondary School Pupils in Exit Classes to Resume School

The Federal Government on Monday said secondary school students in the exit classes will resume school on August 4, 2020 just to sit for their final examination that will commence on August 17, 2020.

The decision was announced after a virtual consultative meeting between the Federal Ministry of Education, Commissioners of Education of the 36 states, the Nigerian Union of Teachers, (NUT), the proprietors of private schools, and Chief Executives of examination bodies.

The government said the students will have two weeks to prepare for the West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination organised by the West Africa Examination Council.

Ben Goong, the Director, Press and Public Relations, FMoE, said “stakeholders at the meeting agreed that the exit classes should resume immediately after the Sallah break, from the 4th of August, 2020 to enable them prepare for the WAEC examinations scheduled to commence from the 17th of August, 2020.

“The meeting also resolved that a passionate appeal be made to the Federal Government through the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 and public spirited Nigerians for assistance to schools across the country to enable them fast track the preparations of safe reopening, as agreed.

“Another meeting is to be convened tomorrow between the Federal Ministry of Education and Chief Executives of examination bodies namely, NECO, NABTEB and NBAIS to harmonise their examination dates, which will be conveyed to stakeholders expeditiously by the Federal Ministry of Education.”

CEO/Founder Investors King Ltd, a foreign exchange research analyst, contributing author on New York-based Talk Markets and Investing.com, with over a decade experience in the global financial markets.

News

Npower News: CBN Job Options for Exited Npower Beneficiaries

Published

on

The Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development in collaboration with the Central Bank of Nigeria has launched an online portal called N-Exit to enable exited Npower Beneficiarieas apply for Central Bank of Nigeria Empowerement Options.

The ministry stated a statement signed by Bashir Nura Alkali, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry.

Sadiya Umar Farouq, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, urged interested exited npower beneficiaries to log on to the portal and add other additional information required for placements into the CBN intervention options.

The minister also stated that the NEXIT Portal will determine the suitability of the interested exited beneficiaries of Npower for teh CBN affiliate programes.

The statement reads, “The NEXIT portal is to determine the suitability of the beneficiaries for the CBN affiliated programs and is dependent on meeting the criteria and conditions set by the CBN for the said programs”.

“The Federal Government of Nigeria is very proud of the milestones you have achieved during your period of service to the nation. As we prepare to exit into prospective endeavors, we are confident that you will be able to channel all you have learnt over the years into successful ventures that will improve the economy of the country and create further opportunities for you and other citizens.

“Chasing a dream requires effort, passion and hard work which you are now halfway through. I congratulate you and wish you a very successful future”.

Continue Reading

News

ASUU Expects to Call Off Strike Today as More Universities Accept FG’s Offer

Published

on

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) is expected to call off the ongoing strike later today or tomorrow following reports that most universities under the union have accepted government’s offer.

Last week, the government exempts ASUU from the controversial Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) and offered to raise Earned Academic Allowance (EAA) from N30 billion to N35 billion and the revitalisation fund from N20 billion to N25 billion.

Therefore, the Federal Government offered the union a total sum of N65 billion and IPPIS exemption to call of the strike.

While some universities like the Ahmadu Bello University Branch had accepted the offer and insisted payment should be made before the union call of the strike, the Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi (UAM) ASUU voted to continue with the strike until government implements what was offered during the negotiation.

Ezekiel Agbalagba, the Chairman of ASUU at the Federal University of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE), Delta State, said the congress accepted the EAA offer but rejected the N25 billion for the revitalisation of the universities.

However, Nigerians expect the union to call of the strike today or tomorrow after today’s meeting between the Federal Government and ASUU.

Continue Reading

News

Staff Assured of Job Security After Dissolution of LAUTECH Joint Ownership

Published

on

babcock university

After the dissolution of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) by the National University Commission (NUC), the staffs of the institutions have been assured of job Security by Osun State Government “indigenes of Oyo and Osun State working in either of the two entities will retain all their rights and obligations stipulated in their letters of engagement.”

On Saturday Mrs. Funke Egbemonde, Osun State Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation disclosed in a statement she made available to the media that, “Osun Students will not be subjected to fees or admission differentials. They will pay the same tuition fees as their Oyo counterparts”.

She said, “Government of Osun wishes to assure its citizens that the dissolution of its joint ownership of LAUTECH, following new terms of management spelled out by the National University Commission (NUC), is in no way skewed against the state.

“All workers of Osun extraction either in the College of Health Sciences and LAUTECH ceded to Osun or those in Ogbomoso are assured of job security. There will be no intimidation or discrimination against them in the discharge of their duties.

“The agreement states that indigenes of Oyo and Osun State working in either of the two entities will retain all their rights and obligations stipulated in their letters of engagements, therefore the State Government of Osun wishes to inform citizens that there is no need to fret about the dissolution, as all workers of Osun extraction are assured of the security of their jobs.

“Both Osun and Oyo states have mutually agreed that the joint ownership of LAUTECH be formally dissolved following extensive mediation by the National Universities Commission (NUC), on the need to restore tranquillity and conducive learning environment in both institutions. The decision became necessary as a result of governance and management challenges”.

Continue Reading

Trending