Private Sector to Absorb N-power Beneficiaries, Says FG
The Federal Government has said beneficiaries of the N-power scheme will be absorbed into government entrepreneurship schemes.
Hajiya Sadiya Farouq, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, made the announcement in a statement signed by the Deputy Director of Information in the Ministry, Mrs Rhoda Iliya, following the outcry that trailed the exit of Batch A and Batch B despite the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) report showing the nation’s unemployment rate rose to 27.1 percent in the second quarter of the year.
The minister also said the federal government is engaging private businesses to join government in creating permanent jobs for the exited N-power beneficiaries.
She, however, noted that the selection of Batch C applicants has started and the list of the successful candidates will be announced on the organisation’s official website.
According to the Ministry, a total of 5,042,001 Nigerians applied for the Batch C N-power program between June 26 and August 9th, 2020 when the program ended.
“The commencement of the Batch C enrolment is sequel to far-reaching consultations and a review of the submissions on the reform and realignment of the programme for greater efficiency.
“Batch C is also being enrolled to provide opportunities for more Nigerian youth to access the programme, in furtherance of the President’s vision of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty.
“This will create opportunities that will enhance the productivity of the Nigerian youth for entrepreneurship.
“Applications will be conducted using a hybrid system of enrolment to ensure that all Nigerians are given an opportunity to participate.
“As a Ministry that caters for the vulnerable, we will also make special considerations for persons living with disabilities.
“Online portal would be open to receive applications from noon on June 26, 2020 and will provide a level playing field for all applicants.
“As part of the Ministry’s reforms to make the programme more efficient, all applicants must supply their Bank Verification Number , in their application.
“This is to ensure a streamlined and transparent selection process. Once applications are submitted, the Ministry will review submissions and publish a list of successful applicants.
“Past beneficiaries are not eligible to participate in the application process. Comprehensive details for the new batch will be announced in the coming weeks,” Farouq said.
Lagos State to Support Businesses Looted by Hoodlums
Lagos State to Support Businesses Vandalised and Looted by Hoodlums
Lagos State has announced plans to support businesses looted and vandalised by hoodlums last week.
The Deputy Governor of the stated, Obafemi Hamzat, made this known in a series of tweets put out on Friday.
He directed businesses vandalised in the state to fill a form attached through the link below.
“If you are a Lagos based business and your store got looted/vandalized this week, please fill this form by @LSETF https://t.co/lwPiXvFzTp. Let’s do what we can to support you,” he tweeted.
This was after Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu said the state had activated the process of healing the destruction and massacre that happened earlier in the week when security operatives in army uniforms opened fire on armless #EndSARS protesters.
Sanwo-Olu said, “My heart bled after I went out today for a first-hand assessment of the destruction of assets of the Government and private properties. The level of destruction observed indicated that the violence was more than just a peaceful protest and agitations for police reforms. The proportion of devastation is a lot. This is not the Lagos that was handed over to me on May 29, 2019.
“Moving forward from the destruction, we have to continue the process of healing ourselves. We need to stop some of our citizens still using social media to instigate or incite the people. It will not be under my watch that we will lose the city that has the largest economy in the entire black nation. Enough is enough. I have moved around and I saw that our people want peace. On this, we are committed to bringing lasting peace back to the State.”
TVC Resumes Operations in Lagos Office Following Hoodlums Attack
TVC Commences Operations Less Than 72 Hours After Hoodlums Attacked and Destroyed the Company’s Lagos Office
Television Continental (TVC) station has resumed operations less than 72 hours after its Lagos office was attacked by hoodlums that hijacked the #EndSARS protest.
The television station was attacked on Wednesday by criminals would believe that the media platform was owned by one of the top Buhari supporters, Mr. Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
The attack followed the shooting of unarmed #EndSARS protesters, who had gathered to protest against the activities of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) unit of the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday.
The peaceful protesters were shot by security operatives in Nigerian Army uniform before the commencement of curfew imposed by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State.
The killings now tagged Lekki Massacre attracted global attention as global leaders condemned the Federal Government or whoever ordered the shooting and called for an immediate investigation into the matter.
On Wednesday, criminals allegedly sponsored by interested parties to dislodge peaceful protesters took advantage of the situation to wreak havoc across Nigeria’s commercial hub, Lagos State, as several private establishments businesses were attacked and looted by these unscrupulous characters.
One of the establishments attacked was the National Newspaper also linked to Mr. Tinubu.
The hoodlums stormed TVC on Wednesday morning during a popular morning show, Your View, anchored by Mrs Morayo Afolabi-Brown, the programme did not end before the television station went off air as it was immediately set on fire.
However, Investors King gathered that TVC resumed operations on Saturday morning, although regular programs were yet to resume fully.
As at the time of writing, the station was airing promos of various programmes and from what we gathered, regular programming will return very soon especially from its Abuja office.
Ambassadorial Deal: Puma Names Wizkid as Brand Ambassador
Wizkid is Puma Latest Brand Ambassador
Puma, global sportswear, has named Nigerian superstar, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun popularly known as Wizkid as one of its global ambassadors.
Wizkid, 30, is the new Puma x JD ambassador for the relaunching of the Puma Suede Classics range.
Speaking on the deal, Wizkid said “It’s an honour to be the face of the new JD x Puma Suede Classics campaign.
“Puma is a brand I’ve loved and respected growing up, and so the decision to become an Ambassador felt completely natural. The Puma Suede is a classic shoe that can be worn by anyone at any age and I think my fans will really connect with that.”Also speaking on the partnership, Puma’s Sportstyle marketing director, said “We’re thrilled to have Wizkid as the face of the new Puma x JD Suede campaign.
“A truly innovative and exciting artist in the music scene, Wizkid embodies the passion and hustle we look for in someone to represent Puma and we look forward to working with him for the AW20 season.”
Wizkid is a Nigerian musician and songwriter that has worked with Beyonce, Drake, Wale and other international superstars.
Forex3 weeks ago
Naira Improves Against Global Counterparts on Black Market
Business2 weeks ago
Buhari Budgets N420 Billion for Npower, Other Social Investment Programmes in 2021 Budget
Government3 weeks ago
#Endsars: Naira Marley Calls Off Protest following Police Invitation
News4 weeks ago
Npower News: Beware of Fake Npower Employment, Ministry Warns Exited Beneficiaries
News4 weeks ago
Laycon Bbnaija Biography, Career and Health Issue
Business4 weeks ago
Npower News Today 2020, Over 5m Applies for Npower Batch C, Selection to be Transparent -Farouq
Cryptocurrency3 weeks ago
Interview with Paul Mak, CEO of Bonded.Finance
Business4 weeks ago
Job Opportunities for Npower Exited Beneficiaries