Connect with us

Government

FG Awarded $1.1tn Contracts to Unregistered Companies – PDP

Published

on

pdp
  • FG Awarded $1.1tn Contracts to Unregistered Companies – PDP

The Peoples Democratic Party has accused the Federal Government of providing cover for shoddy oil deals allegedly involving the All Progressives Congress’ interests.

The allegation is contained in a statement issued on Wednesday in Abuja by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan.

The statement partly read, “This APC government is not only grossly incompetent and corrupt, but also a champion in the use of lies and manipulations against innocent and unsuspecting citizens.

“We all know that it was convenient for the APC Presidency to promise Nigerians that it will no longer import fuel only because the PDP government had already laid the foundation including the revamping of the refineries and ensuring a domestic production of five million litres out of the 25 million litres daily domestic consumption.

“Sadly, this incompetent APC government, in its almost three years, has not added one litre to the five million litres, which the PDP administration was producing.

“Instead of improvement, the APC has wrecked the system and now pushing the nation to depend solely on importation, while engaging in heavy sleazes in hidden subsidy regimes.”

It alleged that the Federal Government, in its bid to cover its ineptitude and oil subsidy corruption, announced that it was the NNPC and not Nigeria that paid for fuel subsidy.

“The question is: who owns the NNPC? Is it not Nigeria? Can the NNPC spend a kobo without the authorisation of the Presidency? Has President Muhammadu Buhari ceased to be the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Minister of Petroleum Resources?

“Moreover, if the NNPC, which is under his purview, has been paying fuel subsidy, who authorised the payment and who are the beneficiaries? Nigerians need to know the truth on this subsidy regime.

“We therefore challenge the APC-led Federal Government to come clean on these issues and stop telling lies to Nigerians who have suffered enough under its deceptive, inept, uncoordinated and wicked regime.”

Ologbondiyan urged Nigerians not to be forlorn, adding that it had repositioned to stand with the people in the inevitable mission to rescue and restore the nation to the path of prosperity come 2019.

When contacted, the National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, referred our correspondents to the NNPC.

He said, “I think the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation is better placed to answer questions relating to the fuel situation. You should direct your questions to them.”

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation’s Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, Ndu Ughamadu, said the allegation by the PDP was not true.

He said the corporation refuted the claims last week, adding that the Corporate Affairs Commission had also denied the allegation.

Ughamadu said, “We refuted it last week. Also, CAC denied it.”

CEO/Founder Investors King Ltd, a foreign exchange research analyst, contributing author on New York-based Talk Markets and Investing.com, with over a decade long experience in the global financial market.

Continue Reading
Comments

Government

FG Puts School Resumption Plan on Hold as COVID-19 Cases Hit 30,000

Published

on

Adamu Adamu

FG Drops School Resumption Plan as COVID-19 Cases Cross 30,000

The Federal Government has dropped plans for certain students to return to school following the surge in COVID-19 cases.

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on Wednesday reported that the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases rose to 30,249 on Wednesday.

“Till date, 30249 cases have been confirmed, 12373 cases have been discharged and 684 deaths have been recorded in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory,” the NCDC stated.

The report forced the Federal Government to drop plans for certain students to return to school.

The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, told reporters in Abuja on Wednesday.

“We will not open soon for examinations, or for any reason, unless it is safe for our children,” Adamu after a cabinet meeting.

“Our schools will only open when we believe it’s safe for our children and that is when the situation is right, not when the incidence of the infection is going up in the nation.”

Complete Confirmed COVID-19 Cases by State

States Affected No. of Cases (Lab Confirmed) No. of Cases (on admission) No. Discharged No. of Deaths
Lagos 11,670 9,836 1,701 133
FCT 2,348 1,614 699 35
Oyo 1,573 743 811 19
Edo 1,503 536 910 57
Delta 1,323 838 454 31
Kano 1,291 210 1,029 52
Rivers 1,284 404 836 44
Ogun 1,057 372 663 22
Kaduna 889 288 589 12
Katsina 628 164 441 23
Borno 563 75 453 35
Ondo 550 406 124 20
Gombe 524 116 387 21
Bauchi 519 9 497 13
Ebonyi 503 0 497 6
Plateau 478 223 241 14
Enugu 431 163 256 12
Abia 400 179 218 3
Imo 356 287 61 8
Jigawa 318 0 308 10
Kwara 307 136 162 9
Bayelsa 282 124 141 17
Nasarawa 234 113 113 8
Osun 210 119 84 7
Sokoto 153 2 135 16
Niger 124 30 87 7
Benue 121 80 35 6
Akwa Ibom 112 38 71 3
Adamawa 100 22 71 7
Anambra 93 27 57 9
Kebbi 86 16 63 7
Zamfara 76 0 71 5
Yobe 61 2 51 8
Ekiti 45 3 40 2
Taraba 27 16 11 0
Cross River 5 1 3 1
Kogi 5 0 3 2

Continue Reading

Government

FG Approves N109bn Contracts for Four Roads, Hostel

Published

on

lekki

FG to Spend N109bn On Four Roads, Hostel

The Federal Government on Wednesday approved different contracts on roads and others totalling N109.187bn.

The approvals for the contracts were parts of the decision reached at a virtual meeting of the Federal Executive Council presided over by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

The contracts were approved based on the requests of the Ministry of Works and Housing as well as the Ministry of Education.

The Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, told State House correspondents at the end of the meeting that his ministry submitted two memoranda for projects estimated to cost a total of N108.44bn.

He disclosed that the council approved an augmentation of existing contract by N25bn for the completion of the Enugu – Lokponta section of the Enugu – Port Harcourt Expressway.

He said, “The Ministry of Works and Housing presented two memoranda. The first one was to aid the completion of the Enugu – Lokponta section of the Enugu – Port Harcourt highway. It was an augmentation of existing contract by N25bn; the council approved that augmentation.

“The second memorandum was the award of three different roads. The first is Dikwa-Marte-Mungunu road for N60. 273bn and the Numan Road linking Borno and Adamawa for N15.527bn and the third is for Gombi-Biu linking Adamawa and Borno also for N7.643 bn.”

The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, said the FEC approved an agreement between the Kaduna Polytechnic and an investor to renovate 18 blocks of student hostels.

The contract, which is a 15-year concession at the cost of N744.26m is under a Renovate Operate, Maintain and Transfer arrangement.

He said, “It will take one year to construct the hostels, after which the contractor will run it for 15 years within which they will recover what they have sunk into the project.

“There are 18 blocks of hostels and each room in a block will house four students. The total number of students to be housed will be 4,032.”

Continue Reading

Government

COVID-19: EU Restricts Nigerians From Entering Europe After Infecting them

Published

on

European Union Excludes Nigerian from 54 Nations that Can Enter the Region

The European Union (EU) has excluded Nigeria from the list of 54 nations that will be allowed to enter the region when it eventually opens its external borders in July.

In a statement published on schengenvisainfo.com, the union listed the 54 countries as Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Australia, Bahamas, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Cuba, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Dominica, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guyana and India.

Others are Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Mauritius, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Palau, Paraguay, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Serbia, South Korea, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam and Zambia.

While China, the outbreak nation, South Korea and Japan, two of the most affected nations in the world, will be allowed to enter the Euro-area when external borders reopen in July, Nigeria with fewer cases of COVID-19 has been excluded from the list despite an Italian businessman been the index case.

The Italian businessman had traveled to Nigeria in February 2020 and tested positive to COVID-19 on February 27 after interacting with Nigerians that came in contact with him.

The Nigerian government had allowed citizens of Euro-area to travel into the country despite the rising number of new cases in the region, especially in Italy, France and Germany. However, the revise is the case now, even with Nigeria addressing the situation started by the European Union.

Eric Mamer, the spokesman for the commission, said “The European Union has an internal process to determine from which countries it would be safe to accept travellers.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending