Connect with us

News

COVID-19: Americans Spend Easter Sunday at Home as Deaths Hit 20,500

Published

on

COVID-19 Vaccine
  • COVID-19: Americans Spend Easter Sunday at Home as Deaths Hit 20,500

Americans celebrate Easter Sunday at home as the number of deaths due to coronavirus pandemic crossed 20,500 with more than half a million confirmed cases.

With almost all the country under stay-at-home orders to curb the spread of the disease, many turned to online church services to mark the holiest day in the Christian calendar.

“Future generations will look back on this as the long Lent of 2020, a time when disease and death suddenly darkened the whole earth,” Archbishop Jose Gomez of Los Angeles wrote to priests and parishioners nationwide, urging them to hold steadfast. “Our churches may be closed but Christ is not quarantined and his Gospel is not in chains.”

Dr. Anthony Fauci pointed on Sunday to the New York metropolitan area, which had its highest daily death toll last week alongside a decrease in hospitalizations, intensive care admissions and the need to intubate critically ill patients.

“Once you turn that corner, hopefully you’ll see a very sharp decline and then you can start thinking about how we can keep it that way,” Fauci said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“If all of a sudden we decide ‘OK, it’s May whatever,’ and we just turn the switch on, that could be a real problem.”

CEO/Founder Investors King Ltd, a foreign exchange research analyst, contributing author on New York-based Talk Markets and Investing.com, with over a decade long experience in the global financial market.

Continue Reading
Comments

News

Iron Mike Tyson to Take on Roy Jones Jr on September 12

Published

on

Mike Tyson

Iron Mike Tyson Once Again Steps in the Ring at 54

The youngest heavyweight champion of the world, who broke PPV records and once called the “baddest man on the planet” Mike Tyson will make a Comeback fight against the Four-Division world champion Roy Jones Jr on 12th of September.

On Thursday 23 of July 2020, Mike on his Twitter handle @mike tyson tweeted “I . AM . BACK #legendsonlyleague. September 12th vs @RealRoyJonesJr. On #Triller and #frontlinebattle @tysonleague.”

The eight-round fight will take place in California as sanctioned by the state’s athletics commission. The fight will be broadcast on Triller and Pay-per-view as confirmed on Thursday by Triller.

The executive director of the state’s athletic commission Andy Foster said the fighters would not be wearing headgear and would be using the Larger – than – normal 12oz gloves.

Mike TysonTyson, 54, became the youngest ever heavyweight champion in 1986 and remain champion until he was defeated by James “Buster” Douglas in 1990.

Mike hasn’t boxed since 2005 when he lost his second straight fight.

Jones, 51, won the heavyweight title in 2003. Prior to winning the heavyweight title, he won titles in the middleweight, super middleweight and light heavyweight. This made him the first former middleweight champion to do so in 106 years.

While many have raised concerns about the fight given the age of the two fighters. Mike Tyson has said: “My mentality is just what it’s always been.

“How do I say this? I’m an annihilator… Man for man I don’t think nobody can match me…

“I’m the greatest fighter since the conception of God, how could I not take this opportunity up?”

He added: “My ego’s f***ing with me and I’m saying, ‘N***a, you think you fly? You ain’t s***. An amateur can get in here and kick your ass, you better get on top of your game. You want to get embarrassed in front of these f***ing people?’

Mike Tyson “Then the other ego says, ‘F*** you n***a, watch what I’m gonna do.’”

He, however, concluded by laughing, pointing to his head and saying: “You don’t know what goes on up here.”

Continue Reading

News

Secondary School Students in Exit Classes to Resume School on August 4, 2020

Published

on

education

Secondary School Pupils in Exit Classes to Resume School

The Federal Government on Monday said secondary school students in the exit classes will resume school on August 4, 2020 just to sit for their final examination that will commence on August 17, 2020.

The decision was announced after a virtual consultative meeting between the Federal Ministry of Education, Commissioners of Education of the 36 states, the Nigerian Union of Teachers, (NUT), the proprietors of private schools, and Chief Executives of examination bodies.

The government said the students will have two weeks to prepare for the West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination organised by the West Africa Examination Council.

Ben Goong, the Director, Press and Public Relations, FMoE, said “stakeholders at the meeting agreed that the exit classes should resume immediately after the Sallah break, from the 4th of August, 2020 to enable them prepare for the WAEC examinations scheduled to commence from the 17th of August, 2020.

“The meeting also resolved that a passionate appeal be made to the Federal Government through the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 and public spirited Nigerians for assistance to schools across the country to enable them fast track the preparations of safe reopening, as agreed.

“Another meeting is to be convened tomorrow between the Federal Ministry of Education and Chief Executives of examination bodies namely, NECO, NABTEB and NBAIS to harmonise their examination dates, which will be conveyed to stakeholders expeditiously by the Federal Ministry of Education.”

Continue Reading

News

UK to Start Accepting Visa Applications from Nigerians on July 28

Published

on

UK to Commence Visa Applications from Nigerians on July 28

The British High Commission in Nigeria has said it will reopen visa application centres in Abuja, Ikeja and Victoria Island on July 28.

The Commission also said the International Language Testing System will commence as well.

In a tweet put out by the embassy, it said “Visa Application Centres are resuming services in Nigeria from 28 July.

“You must have an appointment to visit a VAC and will not be admitted without one.

“For new applications, we aim to assess within our normal service standards, but there may be some delay.

“Staff and customer safety remains our top priority with COVID-19 preventative measures in place.

“Our focus now is to deliver our services safely and effectively together.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending